Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fall Craft

Last week I got together with my sister and friends for a craft night at our house. We had a lot of fun visiting, so much fun that I didn’t get my craft finished until the next day when it was Baby G’s nap time, ha ha. You can always plan on a lot of talking and laughter when we get together instead of actually getting things done.
 We had delicious white chili for dinner and then I eventually finished my HARVEST blocks. I am marking things off my fall bucket list and a new fall craft was on the list. It was a simple craft, just paint and vinyl. I love how the colors turned out.


This week I started working on Christmas decorations, got to get stalked up. I made a simple table centerpiece. I got the glass jar and ornaments from the dollar store and then added red ribbon. The only thing I have to worry about is Baby G not touching the ornaments. Yeah… right, wish me luck. That kid is such a stinker. 


Little E was really wanting to set up our Christmas tree. I usually try to wait until the day after thanksgiving to set it up so I let him set up a 4 foot mini tree in his bedroom. He had so much fun picking out the ornaments for his very own tree. He was excited about his blue ornaments and especially that blue star. Baby G has already ripped ornaments off multiple times. I have a feeling I will be putting up our main tree with just lights this year. :D 


When do you usually put up your Christmas tree?

I knew eventually the snow was going to make its way to us! It has been snowing all day. The boys love watching it out the window and of course playing in it.


 Have you guys received snow yet?

11 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! My sister and I plan on having a craft night when we are home for Christmas.

Courtney B said...

How fun!! Makes me wish I had a sister (or lived close enough to my sisters in law) to do craft nights with! Those blocks are adorable!

Jamie said...

No snow yet but it's coming!

Carla from the The River said...

Hi,
We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
I like your little tree, and that photo of the boys with it is so cute.

Yes, we have snow coming down right now. Yay! Let it snow ♫ Let it snow ♫ Let it snow ♫

Happy Thanksgiving,
Carla

Sarah Shumate said...

Your 4' tree is still bigger than the one we have now! Ours is TINY, but hey - a tree is a tree, right? :o) The boys look so excited about it, too!

I think we'll try to decorate next weekend after Thanksgiving. I hope you guys have a VERY special Thanksgiving next week!

Pooja Mittal said...

I am inviting you to join my $30 certificate giveaway
http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
Keep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Nichole said...

I am the least craftiest person around, but yet I love me a good craft night!

Autumn Duke said...

Oh my goodness your boys are so cute in their snow gear! Also, I love the crafts you did. They look so nice and easy too :)

his little lady said...

Oh gosh, I can't believe that it's already snowing! We won't be getting that here in Florida. Just lots of rain unfortunately :(
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love your crafts! Hope yall had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Annette said...

I love the little tree. I was hoping to get one for my son this year, but...it may have to wait until next. I love your crafts too... Thinking of you Ashlee... May you be enjoying the snow and magic that the season brings...

Post a Comment

*Thoughts*

 
Content Copyright I'll Love You Forever | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs