Monday, December 16, 2013

December December


Been far too long since I have logged into this thing! We all know how life gets even crazier around this time of year. 
Oh how I miss blogging regularly. I've got to do something to kick my butt into gear. 
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!
We have been having loads of fun over here with family parties, school, baking goodies for our neighbors, shopping and more. 
Of course the boys got to see Santa
Clearly one was a fan and one wasn't. haha. 
Every year my family does a themed picture for Christmas Cards. The theme this year was a biker theme. My parents sure love their Harley. 
I have picked out outfits for the boys for our own little family Christmas pictures. A sneak of part of their outfits.
Yeah, I made that bow tie. Super proud, haha. Thanks to my lovely friend for her patience in teaching me. 
I made another simple table centerpiece. Super fast. 
The trick to getting the candle stick base to stay well together will the glass top is..
E6000. Why have I not heard of this stuff sooner? Can be found at Joanne's. So I got the candlestick base and glass top from the dollar store. Glued those suckers together, tied a ribbon around, and waaa -la!
Like magic ;) 
Every year my Dad's side of the family gets together at the beginning of the month to decorate my Grandma's tree and to have dinner. 
This year was special. Another memory cherished. My gramps has had bladder cancer for a couple years and has made the decision to stop treating it. He didn't want to tell us grand kids but he told my mom that this would probably be the last time we would see him and that he didn't want us to forget him. We could NEVER forget him. He knows his time is coming fast, which is heartbreaking and sad. Death, we know it happens to all of us at one point or another but it is still hard to lose a loved one, which is why I am glad that I was able to get a picture of the boys and I with him. 

He has had nicknames for all of us since we were little so he had shirts made for us that have our nicknames on them. What's a family get together without a crazy pic??

I finally made a decision on a DSLR camera and santa came a little early :) 
NIKON D3200
Am loving it so far but have so much to learn. 
Here is one of my first shots with it
This kid loves to play in the snow.. and eat it, of course! 
Maybe this new purchase will get me more motivated to keep up with the good ol' blog! 
Oh December, can you stick around a little longer? Can't believe the year is almost over!
XOXO
(This post was all over the place, haha.. whoops!)

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you got a nice family get together and pictures with your grandpa before he gets too sick to enjoy it.

Carla from the The River said...

I love that your grandpa made the t shirts for you all. How special.
My grandpa made the same decision. He had cancer as well. We spent as much time as we could with him. It was very special for us. Praying the same for you.

Love your first photo. :-)
Have fun with your new camera.

Sarah Shumate said...

Oh, that biker picture!!! Ya'll are hilarious!!! :o)

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. It was this way for us the Christmas of 2009. We knew my grandmother wouldn't be around much longer and it was nice to get one last holiday season with her before it was her time to go.

Congrats on your new camera!!! Your first shot is really good! Don't you love how sharp photos are when you use it?

Meg Doherty said...

I love your family's themed Christmas photo!!! I can't wait to see your own, too!!! Congrats on your DSLR! I've had mine for 3 years and am still learning but LOVE it!

Jen said...

I love the family Christmas photo super cute! And I can't wait to see yours with the boys. :)

Autumn Duke said...

Your Christmas photo is awesome! I love the theme. Also, that is so funny that your little guy wasn't a fan of Santa. I'm going to take my baby to meet Santa this week and I'm interested to see her reaction... it might be pretty similar to your little guy's! haha

JP said...

All these pictures are so good! Your boys look so adorable and I love the fun ones with your whole family. That is a neat tradition. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. That is hard, but these sweet memories and nicknames will help down the road. Have a merry Christmas!!

Tami said...

I have quite a few shots of my boys screaming on Santa's lap. I feel sorry for Santa.
You are going to love your new camera!! My husband uses Nikon (I think he has D7000) and takes fabulous pictures. Mine is a D90 and I'd love to have a newer version. Maybe next year Santa will come early for me too!
Merry Christmas!

Annette said...

Yes, December went by too quickly for us too. I love your new camera; I'm sure it will inspire lots of fun and creative pictures... Love your family's Harley card too...my husband would love this theme.... Here's to a great 2014!

Post a Comment

*Thoughts*

 
Content Copyright I'll Love You Forever | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs